Thursday 13 February 2014

Peace with the past

In battles with our day to day monsters, sometimes we wish we had back up. Something that gives us a little advantage, that winning edge. 

What if I said you do? What if I say, your past is the key to unlocking your future? 

Some of you would agree, others, not much so. Here's what I mean. 


Forgetting the past is just another form of denial. While it is a way of relief from the ever-haunting nightmares, this relief is only temporary. They tend to affect you, negatively, every time they come back. We go through what we do for a reason.

The demons of your past are the monsters that can out-roar any beast your future unleashes.  But to tame these wild beasts, we must first make peace with them. An understanding of the reason and events that led to the demons being released in the past is critical. Once this has been accomplished, the demons will no longer haunt you. Instead, they become your personal attack dogs, giving you the strength and power to defeat anything that comes your way, effortlessly. Though taming them is no easy task, trust me, it will be worth it.

It's Valentines eve and here I am, in front of my computer, reminiscing the past. And I think it is safe to say, I'm getting there. I'm in the process of making peace with the demons of my past, and it is happening. Slow, yes, but progress nevertheless. I am beginning to feel proud of myself, of the man I'm growing into. And I am prepared to face what the future holds in store for me. For that, I thank my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment